Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Recovery Day 88 - Nothing Exciting Going On

Nothing exciting has happened (like projectile vomiting in the kitchen) since the last update. I had an appointment with Dr Nemecek on Monday of this week. When I told him that I had refilled the prescription for Diflucan because the Thrush was back he became a little concerned. He wrote out a prescription for a steroid and an anti-biotic. That was the bad news. The good news is that he thought the ulcer in the back of my mouth was starting to heal. It doesn't feel that way to me. When I yawn it feels like the tissue in my mouth is ripping apart.

The consequence of the Thrush coming back is that the back of my mouth and also my throat feel swollen. I'm not inclined to eat anything challenging. So its back to the soups. Just in case the Biotene mouthwash had something to do with the Thrush coming back I have stopped using it. The mouthwash was helpful in preventing my mouth from drying out for about an hour so I miss it.

The Neuropathy in my feet hasn't improved but it hasn't become any worse. However, I now feel it in my pinky fingers. Dr Nemecek said it was along my ulnar nerve. On a positive note he did think that the Neuropathy would go away. I talked with another throat cancer survivor that had Neuropathy and he said it went away after a couple of months. So I have hope that mine will too.

Work is going well. The tasks are interesting and the clients are easy to work with. I'm close to billing 40 hours a week. It looks like I'll be there through the middle of January.

Thanks for checking in. I really appreciate all the prayers, emails and phone calls!

1 comment: