Saturday, November 14, 2009

Recovery Day 61 - Life Without The Tube

Most of my abdominal pains have gone away now that the tube is gone. I can now sleep on my left side as well as my stomach. I still find myself trying to move the tube out of the way when I tuck in my shirt. I'll be glad to get rid of that habit. I would like to start doing sit ups but I'll wait another 5 days like the surgeon recommended.

Since the tube came out I haven't been tracking my calorie intake. I suspect that my intake is a bit lower now but so far not down enough to cause a drop in my weight. Eating is still a time consuming chore and my taste buds haven't come back much. I have recently added canned grapefruit to my diet. The taste is muted but I can tell it is a bit sour/tart.

Before I went back to work I was concerned that I had lost some of my skills as well as my ability to concentrate on complicated problems. I am happy to say my fears were unfounded. I can still write complicated code that nobody else understands. I am consulting at a local school district helping them to come up with a data warehouse for their student data. The past two weeks I have been focusing on grades. We have come up with grade data (GPA, cumulative GPA, class rank, etc) that doesn't currently exist in their current system in a format that they can report off of. The data warehouse is going to be impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment