Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Recovery Day 50 - Good Progress

In general, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm eating at least 2,200 calories per day and pumping only two cans of formula at night. I only have six cans of formula left to use so the tube will be coming out soon. Meals are taking a bit less time and less water to get down and I'm eating a wider variety of food. I continue to walk about 3 miles at the mall on most days. I started back to work last Friday - mornings only for now. I'm pretty pooped and hungry by the time I get home. I drink a bottle of Ensure about half way through the morning.

I'm currently on Diflucan for Thrush. The Nystatin wasn't cutting it. The Diflucan seems to be doing the job.

I have some abdominal pains that I really hope are due to the stomach tube. My mouth is still dry four days after stopping use of the Nystatin. Hopefully that affect will wear off soon.

We had 20" of snow dropped on us last week. The kids had three snow days. Cathy said I was not allowed to shovel snow or use my snow blower. So I did both - but kept my activity to a minimum. The boys ran the snow blower on the driveway while I supervised. I probably would have done more work with the snow blower but it ran out of gasoline. It was good to get outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment