Monday, October 26, 2009

Recovery Day 43 - Hearing Loss

During my visit today with Dr Klancar I mentioned that my hearing was off. I can't hear as well out of my left ear as I can with my right. She said that the hearing loss was likely due to the chemotherapy and that it could be permanent. I really hope not because the difference in hearing levels gives me a bit of a headache. I also have problems with loud sound. It's somewhat disorienting.

On Saturday I was eating some Ramen soup when a piece of noodle decided to take a side trip into my right sinus cavity (it's what your sinuses use to drain into your mouth/throat). I tried everything I could to get it unstuck but so far nothing has worked. Hopefully it will disintegrate and get flushed out of there.

Tomorrow night I'm going to change my nightly formula intake to only three cans. Hopefully a few days later I'll be down to two cans and then maybe none. I can't see much use in pumping only one can of formula at night. In order to reduce my formula intake I'm going to have to increase my daily food intake (by mouth). I'm stuck at about 2,000 calories my mouth and I'll need to add as much as 1,000 calories. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that. Getting 2,000 calories in now is taking a lot of my time during the day already. But I really want to get rid of the stomach tube so I'll figure something out.

I had my teeth cleaned today. There was some buildup on my teeth that I couldn't get rid of with just toothpaste and a brush. They feel much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment