Thursday, August 27, 2009

Treatment - Day 24

I was feeling relatively good this morning until I took Zofran (anti-nausea drug) on an empty stomach. The drug info provided with the prescription says it can be taken with or without food. I took it a few minutes prior to leaving for the hospital. By the time I got to the hospital I wasn't sure if I was going to vomit or not. I'm really looking forward to a time when I don't have to take all these drugs.

After getting fluids and the radiation treatment I set up an appointment on Friday to get a PICC installed so that I won't have to put in an IV each day. That was challenging as the hour long procedure requires the use of Ultrasound. We had to move the radiation appointment around to fit it in.

Also on Friday will be the consultation appointment with the surgeon to discuss moving/replacing the stomach feeding tube. The new tube would be installed in a completely different manner than the first one but I don't have the time or energy to get into that.

I had my mom drive my truck tonight when we got home to see if it rides any better than her Chevy Equinox. It didn't, but it was close. The rough ride to/from the hospital is tough on my stomach issues. I wish I owned a Cadillac that had a smooth ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment