Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Treatment - Day 8: Better living through chemistry

This afternoon was very long. I'm supposed to meet with Dr Davis on Wednesdays. But my radiation treatment takes place at the same time Dr Davis is meeting with the tumor board. So I had to wait about an hour for him.

To help with the nausea Dr Davis prescribed Zofran 8mg and Prevacid 30mg. Those two may have helped a bit as I was able to eat some hot & sour soup and some Hunan beef when I got home. The beef was very difficult to eat but I at all the vegetables. I think my sense of taste is rejecting beef. Just thinking about it now makes me want to go "Bleh!".

After eating I slept for about 4 hours. While I was sleeping Karen Mansfield brought over dinner for the family. The shrimp fettucini alfredo smelled pretty good but I was still full so I just nibbled on the salad which was tasty.

I pulled the feeding pump out of the box, charged up its batteries and read the instructions. By then it was too late to get a feeding started. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow. Dr Davis was very concerned that I wasn't already using formula and impressed upon me that it was getting down to the wire. It won't be long before I cannot eat anything by mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment