Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Biopsy Results - Finally!

We were expecting the doctor to call with results on Monday or Tuesday. No results but lots of people calling to find out what the status was. Cathy fielded a lot of those calls for me since talking was difficult. Wednesday morning, July 8th (my birthday), while I was still in bed (I was amazingly sleeping about 12 hours a night) Dr Nemechek calls with the bad news. The tumor was definitely cancerous. He then directed me to call the Hematology Oncologist (deals out the chemotherapy) and the Radiation Oncologist (shoots the radiation into your body that kills cells). I got in right away with the Hematologist that day but the Radiologist is a week off. When finished with the Hematologist she pulled some strings and got me into the Radiologist the next day – I’m still getting lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment