Monday, July 13, 2009

PET Scan Results

Dr Nemechek (ENT Oncologist) called this evening with good news from the PET Scan! There is no evidence that the cancer is in the lymph nodes. In fact, he said it was the best PET Scan of any patient of his in the last four years that has tonsilar cancer. The radiation therapy will essentially destroy both my tonsils even though the cancer appears in only the right side tonsil.

I worked a full day today at a client site. By the end of the day I was feeling pretty beat. My lymph glands on the right side of my neck are feeling tender. Dr Nemechek said it's likely due to the biopsy work he did. I hope so since the tenderness is a new thing within the past two days.

Feeling better than the prior night I managed to get in an hour on the treadmill but at a 30% decline in my normal output. I would like to do more but I don't want to push my luck and it seems I need to keep as much weight on as I can instead of working it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment