Thursday, September 10, 2009

In the hospital

Jim's in the hospital tonight. He hasn't been sleeping and has nausea and vomiting issues. There's also incredible anxiety about the remaining treatments and the week immediately following them. This is really tough stuff. I've been told its the most difficult treatment in the radiation oncology office.

Unfortunately Sean and Patrick have been ill this week. Jim's mom took Sean to the doc this afternoon and found that Sean has strep.

I feel INCREDIBLY pulled apart today as I wanted to be with both Jim & Sean. But Jim's mom is staying with him tonight and I know he's in good hands. Sean is very understanding but he's still a kid who is sick and wants his mom. At least this way both Jim and Sean get some mothering. I sure hope that I can let go and get some good sleep so that I'll be of use after this.

Only two treatments left ... then after 1.5-2 weeks he's supposed to start recovering.

Deep breath ...

1 comment: