Monday, September 14, 2009

Treatment Day 35 - Finally!

The day is finally here and I'm a basket case. Will my stomach hold up for the drive? Will my perfect record of not vomitting on the treatment table hold?

I so want this to be over with. Temerapature control is still a problem. I'm wearing a winter ski hat most of the time. I blend in at the radiation clinic but look like a bank robber anywhere else.

We'll meet with the Chemo folks after the radiation treatment so they can clean/replace the dressing on the PICC line and provide any other bits of recovery advice. We'll probably have to set up future appointments at that time also.

I met with my cancer mentor and his wife yesterday. They provided a lot of encouragement and reassurance. Plus Kelly is a nice guy.

1 comment:

  1. It was good to hear from you, Jim. I hope the day went better than you were anticipating. Really glad you have a mentor & wife to help you through. You're all still in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete