Friday, September 18, 2009

An outing



Today Jim went with me to put gasoline in the van and to Walmart to pick up some oil. Jim really wanted to get out of the house but in the end, Walmart was too much for him. Too many sights, sounds, people. It's overwhelming for someone who has been hanging out in a quiet bedroom mostly by himself.

He didn't get much sleep last night because of all the hacking and spitting he had to do. So now he's falling asleep mid-conversation. (I had the day off today so I managed to get a small nap. He likes the comfort of having me in the room with him even though I don't do anything to help with the phlegm issues.)

Yesterday I learned NOT to have him looks things up on the internet related to medications. I should have known better but I guess I wasn't thinking. Of course the people with good experiences don't post stories on the internet so what he read caused him even more stress and worry.

Despite the fact that Jim wants to move full-force ahead with recovery and is very upset about not having seen great improvements this week, we're going to be taking this slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment