Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recovery Day 7

One of my pain patches expired last night and I didn't replace it since I'm trying to get down to zero. Unfortunately, a side affect of it expiring is insomnia. I was up almost all night trying to figure out what what was going on. I guess now that we are down at such a low dose the withdrawal affects are more noticeable. There is now just one more patch to go. The plan is to replace it when it expires and that will be the very last patch. Hopefully we can schedule things so the last patch expires in the morning and then I can have insomnia during the day and not at night.

The food I can eat by mouth is very limited. Cathy made some nice soft pancakes a couple nights ago and I could only eat half of one. Each bite had to be about the size of a pea and it took me a long time to chew and swallow it. I had to reheat it twice. I could use a lot of prayers in this area.

I was bored to tears yesterday so my mom took me out walking at the mall. It was awesome to get out. Hopefully I can do some more of that.

The change is weather is very difficult on me. I'm so cold all the time and it doesn't help that the outside low temperatures are in the 40's and the highs haven't been in the 70's. From what I understand the "feeling cold" is common for patients that have been through what I have. Part of it has to be the weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment