Saturday, September 19, 2009

Recovery Day 4

As Cathy stated previously, I'm very impatient to have this recovery over and done with. The 100 micrograms of pain killer is now down to 75. There is great disagreement - and a significant lack of information - on how to proceed. The next patch is due to be replaced this evening. I'm all for changing out the 50 microgram patch that is expiring with a 25, for a total of 50 micrograms. We'll be having an solid conversation with my Doctor on Monday about how we "should" do this. I hope the process involves days and not weeks. I am strictly forbidden from driving until I'm off the pain patches. :(

I tried a variety of foods today: chicken broth, pudding, applesauce, yogurt and canned peaches. My taste buds really haven't come back online yet but the chicken broth isn't too bad. I want to start eating regular foods ASAP so I can ditch the feeding tube or at least not have to rely on it. I'm quite a ways from making this goal.

1 comment:

  1. Jim, you are doing great! In a way you remind me of a woman expecting a baby -- terribly uncomfortable, waiting for the day when it will be over and you have your body back! And like a woman who forgets exactly how bad the labor and delivery was (otherwise why would anyone have another child?) I can assure you, a year from now it will be a distant memory. You will get through this. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete